Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Samsung ES55 unboxing

Unboxing the Samsung digital imaging ES55


The compact digital camera Samsung ES55 which has good portability, reasonable price, and great performance comes to me. Like “Where there is a way, there’s a way”, my wife has been asking me to buy a small compact digital camera, and I’ve got the right one. I’m expecting the food for the next few days.





ES55 Box


The ES series are convenient cameras, and people say the convenience and auto shot functions are in the camera, so I’m expecting it. However, I haven’t used it much, so let’s take the rain check, and see the unboxing and appearance with pictures.





Package of the ES55


I’m unboxing it with a beating heart. This is a domestic product. I’m comfortable with the Korean manual and install CD. This consists of body, battery, hand strap, AC adaptor/USB cable, AV cable, install CD, manual, and warranty.




The ES55 comes with 4 colors such as silver, black, pink, and grey with metal body. As a man, I definitely should have selected black or grey, but I chose the pink. There’s a reason. The big thing is that my wife likes the pink.





It’s because 90.4 X 59 X 21.6cm of size and 116g weight go better with pink rather than black. However, the black, grey, and silver were all pretty as a metal body, when I actually saw them.





The 2.5 inch intelligent LCD responding the light is 230K pixels and has a good vision under the sunlight. Besides, easy buttons and menu composition for beginners are noticeable, so I’m expecting this camera much.




When turning it on, the protruding type lens comes out, and it provides 35-105mm angle on 35mm. 35-105 FOV is not good enough for wide angle, but as a standard zoom lens, it’s the most frequently used FOV.





It’s the size comparison with the Samsung Anycall Omnia phone. It’s 20mm shorter than the Omnia phone 112mm, and the ES55 is 1.5 mm thicker than the phone. The weight is much lighter. It feels like holding a cigarette box.





It provides 10M pixels, various functions, and great quality pictures unlike other low price digital cameras. I actually took pictures on the last weekend during camping, and the smooth function, face recognition, and IS function are so satisfactory considering the price. I’m looking forward to being with the pictures by the ES55.


No comments: