Thursday, April 17, 2008

Review: Samsung P2 (YP-P2) Digital Audio Player

The Gadgeteer.com reviewed Samsung YP-P2 digital audio player as follow:
Gadgeteer Hands On Review by Dave Rees
April 07, 2008

I have been a Mac-guy for over a decade and have owned an iPod since the beginning. I am currently using an iPod Touch and I take it with me everywhere I go. But being the gadget-junkie that I am, I was getting a bit bored with my current lot of tech-toys. So, I started looking into other portable music/video players to play with. The Samsung P2 looked like a worthy candidate; it had several features the Touch did not, a nice form-factor, and it had received rave reviews. I read many reviews praising the P2 as a less costly (some even said better) alternative to the Touch. However, those reviews were definitely coming from the perspective of Windows users. This review will be coming from a Mac/iPod user's viewpoint.
Samsung's presentation is nicely done. The plastic box is very sturdy and definitely protects the device. Included with the P2, is a nice set of earbuds (EP-370), data cable, application cd, screen protector, and stand.
Out of the box the P2 looks very nice. It is sleek & slim, constructed of a hard plastic, and comes in black, white, or burgundy. At 100mm x 52mm x 9.9mm, it is smaller than the Touch and feels not much larger than the Nano. It weighs in at just 3 ounces.
For more information, you may link to:

No comments: