Wednesday, November 18, 2009

[ST1000(CL65) Review] How versatile is your digital camera?

Following is a user review about Samsung ST1000 digital camera.


The second review as a VLUU photographer of Samsung Digital Imaging. Now I’m using the ST1000(CL65) from Samsung Digital imaging. I mentioned the appearance, and this time I’m going to talk about the function of the ST1000(CL65). And I would show you the pictures from the recent workshop.



The ST1000(CL65) has 5x optical inner zoom, 12.2M pixels, and Schneider VARIOPLAN lens. This is like other recent compact digital cameras, but the ST1000(CL65) supports a lot of other new functions.

Easier sharing with wireless Network.



The first thing I want to talk about is wireless networking functions.


So far, in order to deliver files to other, we needed to connect a cable to a digital camera, copy files to a computer, and send them to file sharing site. It’s a long procedure, (We might feel it’s inevitable.) You don’t need to do them with the ST1000(CL65).



If you can find AP allowing you wireless Internet, you can send files to your mail address or web sites such as Picasa with the wireless network function of the ST1000(CL65). Now it supports Picasa, Facebook, YouTube, and Samsung Imaging, and others will be added later.

I tested with egg which changes Wibro to WiFi, and it was easier than I thought. When it comes to sending mails, you can just connect to AP, select sending a mail, and the address. You don’t need to insert your email address, because default address will be inserted.



You can just drag pictures with your finger using Haptic UI. Everything is done by selecting and sending.



Pictures I sent arrived without problems in the mail address.



Not just email. It supports Bluetooth function, so if you want, you can easily send pictures to a mobile phone or something.


It was simple to use the Bluetooth function. I needed to find Bluetooth devices, select devices, insert password, and select pictures.


I couldn’t check, because I had no device to support DLNA. However, If you have DLNA supporting devices like Samsung TV, please try it.

Like I introduced, transferring pictures wasn’t included in digital cameras from domestic producers. Maybe Bluetooth? However, people start to share more pictures through web sites due to mini-hompi or SNS, so I think there will be more digital camera supporting sharing functions.

GPS little bit insufficient.



The ST1000(CL65) supports Geo-Tagging remembering places by GPS. Taking pictures with GPS information, the location of the picture is recorded and you can sort files by the locations later. But the receiving rate of GPS wasn’t that good, I think. It’s because I was in a building. However, when I was outdoors, sometimes it failed to receive the information in Seoul.



Therefore, I thought it was because it’s a sample product, but at SinDuri-sea in Tae-An, GPS and Geo-Tagging worked well! I think because I took shots in buildings in Seoul, it couldn’t get GPS signals well, but anyway the receiving sensitivity has to be better. I hope it was because I tested with a test sample.



3.5” Full Touch LCD



3.5” Full touch LCD screen which is another feature of the ST1000(CL65) was good. The back is filled with, and on the LCD, it has a lot of things such as new controls and UI. All options such Smart Auto, Video, Scene mode, and Program mode can be controlled from the LCD.



Using a built-in sensor, you can change shot modes by tilting the body. Of course, before get used to it, it’s a little inconvenient or confusing, but once we become accustomed, it’s so convenient. I couldn’t make a conclusion, because I only used this for a shot period time, but one thing for sure is that they consider the users’ convenience a lot through this new technology.


Workshop story with the ST1000(CL65)


Lastly, I’d like to talk about the workshop which is rather irrelevant to a review. I just want to share the experience of the sea in a late summer. It’s a beach in Tae-An.



Through East-sea bridge…



Beach from pension

For more information, please click: http://www.segadget.com/entry/509


No comments: