Thursday, August 26, 2010

Samsung NX10: The Spinning Earth – Ben Heine’s Panorama Works

Following is a user's work with Samsung NX10 camera.

Here are ingenious series of artworks by Ben Heine, a Samsung imageloger. All the pieces of images, served to complete the panoramas, was taken with Samsung NX10. Enjoy the fact that the world we are living in is perfectly round. The Earth continues to spin…

NX10_Ben Heine_27

Ben’s note : 3 days of intense work to make this huge panorama of Cologne, Germany’s fourth-largest city. This is a 360 degrees view, I tried to get as many details as possible, sometimes repainting different parts of the cityscape. The original composition is really big (almost 20.000 pixels wide!) because I assembled more than 30 photos. I took all of them from the top of “KölnTurm” when I was in Germany 2 weeks ago… (FYI, I didn’t use any autopano or fisheye). The city’s famous Cologne Cathedral (Kölner Dom) is the seat of the Catholic Archbishop of Cologne. The University of Cologne (Universität zu Köln) is one of Europe’s oldest universities.


Cologne is a major cultural center of the Rhineland and has a vibrant arts scene. Cologne is home to more than 30 museums and hundreds of galleries. Exhibitions range from local ancient Roman archeological sites to contemporary graphics and sculpture. The Cologne Trade Fair hosts a number of trade shows such as Art Cologne, imm Cologne International Furniture Fair and the Photokina. Cologne is also well-known for its celebration of Cologne Carnival, the annual reggae summerjam, and Cologne Gay Pride. Within Germany, Cologne is also known as an important media center. Several radio and television stations, including Westdeutscher Rundfunk (WDR), RTL and VOX, have their headquarters in the city. ©Ben Heine


NX10_Ben Heine_03


Ben’s note : This is the landscape I saw from the top of Beynac Castle, in the Dordogne department of France. I visited this beautiful place last week. I spent several days to assemble and edit some 20 photos I took there (no Fisheye and no AutoPano). The original image is huge and it was quite a challenge this time because my graphic tablet just got damaged and I had to do everything with a standard mouse. :) ©Ben Heine


4791933142_ffc71a7839_o


Ben’s note : This is where I used to revise my books when I made my degree in Journalism. I didn’t use a fisheye lens. I have actually assembled some 14 photos I took when I was there. The original image is huge (12000 pixels wide). The “Mont des Arts” (meaning “hill of the arts”) is a historic site in the center of Brussels, Belgium. The showcase square was created for the Universal Exposition held in Brussels in 1910. It featured a park and a monumental staircase with cascading fountains descending the gentle slope from Place Royale down to Boulevard de l’Empereur.


The original square was destroyed during the post-war construction frenzy known as Brusselization; between 1954 and 1965, the square and its surroundings gave way to massive, severely geometric postmodern structures such as the Royal Library of Belgium and the Congress Palace. The Mont des Arts offers one of Brussels’ finest views. From the vantage point on a hill, the famous tower of the Brussels Town Hall at the Grand Place is clearly visible. ©Ben Heine


NX10_Ben Heine_33


Please visit Ben Heine’s Photostream to see more of his artworks.


Source from http://www.samsungimaging.net/2010/08/26/the-earth-spinning-ben-heines-panorama-works/



No comments: