Tuesday, October 12, 2010

# 16 Sarah Rebecca – Jump to your DREAM

Following is a collection of user's pictures.

It’s summer. It’s so hot and humid that it makes me wonder if winter had ever existed! Despite the hot weather, I’m wondering if you are still dreaming. Maybe there’re some of you out there so exhausted and have no strength to even wake up or maybe there are people who’s still working hard towards achieving their dream regardless of the hot weather. I’ve recently started to study again. I quit my job to pursue and challenge for my dream that I’ve always kept in my heart. I thought I could accomplish something extremely amazing before I’ve actually put my feet into it, but as it actually hits me, it’s not as easy as I thought it was going to be. But if I do it one step at a time, won’t I accomplish it someday? It’s time for me to have a positive mindset.

The photographer that I’m going to introduce today is Sarah Rebecca. She dances. Sometime writes poems and acts. She is also a student of physics and psychology. But the Sarah Rebecca whom I’ve discovered is a ballerina and a photographer. Take a look at Sarah’s amazing arabesque and jump. It seems like I could hear her vivid voice crying out “Jump, jump for your dream!” out loud.



It’s clearly a cement floor. It’s no warm wooden floor. But still Sarah is jumping! She’s embracing the beautiful line of a human with the flexible back and legs with that incredible jump. I’m still a bit worried though. No matter how firm those toeshoes are, imagine how painful it must have been when she landed? Sarah, please try to jump from a softer surface next time, will you? Gosh, the background is absolutely amazing.



Hello, Sarah. She’s saying hello bowing her head. Red curly hair, red eyebrows, she reminds me of Anne of green gables. I’m sure she would attract everyone’s attention with her pale soft skin and her lovely face. What would Sarah be like in person? I think one’s voice reflects on the personality to some extent. Don’t you agree that a person with an amazing voice usually has a good personality? Of course this could be a stereotype that I have. Anyway, I’m sure Sarah’s voice is cute and clear. What kind of voice do you have?



This is Sarah’s friend Shauna. This picture is taken celebrating her birthday. She’s gazing out the window and it makes me want to speak to her. Her straight posture makes her even look like a cat. I guess all animals have the curiosity and longing for something that’s beyond reality.


“Shauna, What are you looking at?”



This is Sarah’s friend Emma. Emma looks like Asian. Her eyes are a bit different than mine, but really similar to my friend’s. Is this a makeup before the show, or before going out? The dark eyeliner and the oriental eyes adds mystery. Speaking of which, I bought a new eyeliner and a mascara yesterday and have totally forgotten about it. I should try them on like Emma. Nadia’s challenge! Try just like the conversation-inviting Emma’s eyes.



Who do you think is the painter for this piece? Is the title ‘the girl who’s staring into the air”? The answer is “no” to both. This is a self-portrait of Sarah. I’m not sure what kind of effects she used but this is as beautiful as a scene in a fairytale. The title that Sarah has given to this picture is ‘Breathe in deeply..’. She says that when she was taking this picture she felt depressed time to time. She felt at peace when she took a deep breath to get rid of any anxiety that weighed down her chest. I tried what she said and the heat and the irritation instantly vanished! Wondering if this is true? Try it for yourself!



Aren’t you thankful for all the things that god has provided us? Ripe raspberry and simple yet beautiful wild flowers. We don’t have to pay anything to enjoy it, yet when time passes and when the right season comes, we can see them and have them. The sunshine on her pale hands seems like everything is permitted to us. Sarah, like you, I’m thankful to god.



As I have mentioned, she’s a student who studies physics. Since she plays ballet and has to fly sometimes, don’t you think she would’ve given a deeper thought about gravity? She speaks to us. If Issac Newton caught the apple instead of letting it drop on his head, a lot would’ve changed. I never thought of things this way so her assumption seemed really unique to me. And Sarah suggests a new version of gravity that since humans are not that heavy, they can fly. Uhm.. it somehow makes sense, don’t you think? Maybe this kind of belief enables her to jump that high.


I’ve taken too much time off from Nadia. I don’t know why.. I haven’t been that busy, for sure. Actually talking about photographers is fun and exciting but it isn’t as easy for me. Maybe it’s because of the burden I have before starting. But as I finish one post by post, I feel like I’m growing a bit at a time and being healed. I feel happy looking at the marvarlous pictures of photographers and choose every word thinking about the people who will read this post. Sometimes my body shivers with the excitement about organizing myself and the exchanges that I’ll share with the readers. I dread sometimes with my lack of writing skills, but I encourage myself trusting the quality pictures from the artists and your understanding.


8 mores posts to go with Nadia’s Choice. I’m not sure if they’ll be similar to the past 16 posts or will have new themes. But I’m always going to work with the excitement and gratitude to the readers. I’m planning on writing my next post with pictures of the sea. Have a good vacation and see you on August! This was Nadia. Thank you.


Source is from http://www.samsungimaging.net/2010/10/11/16-sarah-rebecca-%e2%80%93-jump-to-your-dream/


No comments: