Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Samsung Digital camera ES55 Only Key points Review

I have always been taking the ES55 for 2 weeks as if it’s a part of my body. I’d like to summarize the feature of the ES55. Some of the functions were really amazing!!

1. Perfect portrait shot – Beauty shot, face recognition, and self guide.

Long con shot! – Beauty shot

 



 

The skin is killing me.

People say Beauty shot, beauty shot, but I thought the original face doesn’t go far. However, when I took a self shot, I was so surprised that almost dead. Handsome and flawless face. I don’t think the photoshop isn’t that perfect. I imagined people put their two thumbs up after seeing their faces.

<Recognizing faces – Face recognition>



 


Yoo Hui Yeol in my room as a poster. Turning on the face recognition of the ES55, I just faced the camera, and then it found the face like this.


 This function is the 4th function on the scene function.



 


Selecting the face recognition(Normal), it starts looking for a face with a comment “Recognizing faces and setting the focus and exposure”.


 



 


And selecting the face recognition (Self guide), “Once face is recognized, beep sounds” comes up. When taking a self shot, you used to take only one eye, or part of your face, because you couldn’t see the LCD. If setting this function, when a face is recognized, it makes ‘beep beep beep beep’ sound. When the face is out, the sound stops. When the sound is made, you take the shot!!


 


 


 


2. 10.2M pixels digital camera


 


The Pixel looking at the ES55 once more


 


When hearing the price and looking at the size, people thought ‘Cheap one is so-’. And after checking the 10.2 Mega pixels, many of them looked at this once more.


 



 


“It’s cheap?? Is it really 10.2M pixels?”


“Yes, it is!!” (With boasting)


 


So, I don’t take a picture with high resolution. With the lowest resolution, pictures were good enough.


 



 


Rainy, cloudy


 



 


Sunny, and Sea, all good~ (Here is Nuri Maru)


 



 


The big bus close is also good. (Busan City Toor 2F bus)


 


 


 


3. Intelligent LCD


 



 


When it’s bright, the LCD becomes bright, and if it’s dark, the LCD also becomes dark itself, so when you are in the bright place, you don’t need to hide the LCD to see it.


 


I didn’t know that even though I took a picture for all day long. We used to easily feel inconvenience, but not to feel convenience.


 




 


Come to think of it, I don’t have any experience to hide the LCD, or get eyes tired under the strong sunlight in Cheong SaPo, Yong Koong temple, Dongbag island, KwangAn bridge. Not in the Hwang Ryoung Mountain for night view.


 


Isn’t it too smart?


 


 


 


4. 4 colors of stylish body


 



 


I got the pink one, but I think other models are also good. And this is made of metal. I’m also very careful of the metal body like the plastic body, but I was relieved when carrying it.


 



 


 


 


5. Convenient and simple charge battery type.


 


My former camera was AA battery type. Therefore, at the first time, I thought I could take a picture for a long time, because I could buy the battery any time. However, the normal battery doesn’t go for a long time in a digital camera. Sometimes buying an old battery, as soon as I replace the battery, it starts blinking to change the battery. So, I needed to buy the battery for digital cameras, so I couldn’t buy a battery whenever I want. It’s just theoretical. Exclusive battery is much better.


 



 


Besides, it’s charged with the USB. Of course without a computer, it can be charged.


 


 


 


6. Macro, Night scenery, IS


 



 


Pictures taken by the ES55 are really vivid as if the are coming out!!


 


 


 


<Macro in my life! – Macro/Approaching mode>


 




 


This screen comes out when pushing the macro button of the ES55. For other cameras, users push the macro only when they need it. However, once activating the auto macro in the ES55, the message “Shots from every distance are suitable” shows up, while selecting the normal AF, the message “Suitable for focus distance more than 80cm” shows up. In a word, you can just turn on the auto macro for various shots from macro to scenery.


 


However, it was not good enough to take ultra close shots.


 



 


Then, you can set the macro below the scenery.




Sometimes, I don’t care about the macro button, but just set the auto macro, so it’s convenient. But to take a macro, I need to change the mode through the menu, so it’s kind of complicated. But you will soon be used to this.


 






 


Isn’t it good? When I heard the macro 10cm, I thought it’s not that good, but I think it would be okay, unless you are used to the camera with the ultra macro function.


 


 


 


<Clean pictures in night – Night scene mode>


 





 


Thos pictures are not edited like other pictures. And the size is also the smallest size in the ES500. The quality is the fine among super fine/fine/standard. Most of them are for blog, so I don’t like heavy files. But the difficult scene scenery pictures are like…


 


 


 


<IS…I apologize>


 



 


When I wrote the preview, I said I don’t like to use this function, because it takes very long time to activate. However, I have to use this function. Please look at the picture.


 






 


These 2 pictures above were taken by normal mode, and below 2 pictures were taken by the DIS mode.


 


The BEST!!!


 


 


 


7. Video


 


When looking for information about the ES55 in NAVER, I saw someone said it’s good except the video function. Therefore, I almost gave up the video function, because other functions are good, and took some videos. Then, Oh~


 



 


I took Kwang An Ri from the 2nd floor of the City tour bus. It’s shaken more on the 2nd floor than the First. Isn’t it great? I’m the only one who think like that?



Besides, the video is made as an AVI file, so without any converting work, it’s convenient to see from a PC, and good to upload on the web site such as Naver.


 


I ran some editing program, because people walked around, and a truck hid the vision, so the size and quality are kind of degraded. It’s much better to see without editing work.


 


I’m going to upload other functions later, after using this more.




No comments: