Sunday, February 7, 2010

My first trip to the U.S.

Following are images taken by Samsung PL70 camera.

Hello dear readers of this blog,

I actually got the opportunity to work for this blog, and I wanted to briefly introduce myself to all of you. My name is YJ, I’m 24 years and I’m currently studying business administrator at a well-known Korean university, however I agreed to attend classes at the Tennessee Technology University in the States for the next 6 months.

Basically, I’m going to blog about the campus life from the views of a foreign student. I will also travel as much as possible; therefore I hope I can provide some quality posts to all of you.

Thank you, and let me start with my first post, which is about my departure from Korea, missing my flight to the first week in the United States of America and the Tennessee University.

clip_image002 PL70 l 1/15s l F3.4 l ISO 800 l FLASH OFF


To keep it short and sweet, it was a mess. I missed my flight in Washington. So I was stuck at the airport, and I had to sleep a day at the airport. Nothing special, heh? But no one was around, and since this is my first time in the States, it wasn’t easy to adapt to a new communicational culture.


clip_image004


PL70 l 1/1000s l F3.8 l ISO 80 l FLASH OFF


Finally arrived in Tennessee. This is me posing in front of the entrance. Until then, the weather was good. Please pay attention to the “UNTIL THEN”.


clip_image006


PL70 l 1/15s l F3.8 l ISO 400 l FLASH OFF


First bowling party with my dorm-buds. It felt great, and that was actually the first time I realized “Hey, this feels like America.”


clip_image008


PL70 l 1/10s l F3.4 l ISO 800 l FLASH OFF


Remember the “UNTIL THEN”-phrase in the second picture? Well, during the first week I also had the chance to experience my first “Tornando”-warning. It felt weird tho.


clip_image010


PL70 l 1/30s l F3.4 l ISO 160 l FLASH OFF


The thing after the Tornado warning was, all of sudden the weather switched from “SUPER BAD” to “PRETTY GOOD”, after we were told that we’re allowed to move to our rooms again.


clip_image012


PL70 l 1/15s l F3.4 l ISO 400 l FLASH OFF


The building I take classes in. Doesn’t it look like the school building from “The Simpsons”?


clip_image014


PL70 l 1/30s l F3.4 l ISO 400 l FLASH OFF


My first ever Basketball game. Before I moved to the States, I read a lot of about the sports culture at American universities, and, to be honest, it was great.


clip_image016


PL70 l 1/45s l F4.0 l ISO 400 l FLASH OFF


Our official mascot!


clip_image018


PL70 l 1/30s l F3.4 l ISO 400 l FLASH OFF


This is the place I hang around most of the time: the gym. Along with the ordinary set-up, we also have squash rooms.


Anyways, this is my first post, and I hope you enjoyed reading it.


Thank you!


YJ




No comments: