Thursday, February 18, 2010

NX10, and its image sensor!

Here is an information about Samsung NX10 camera.

Hello everyone,

WHOA…time’s fast. Four months already passed since my last, ehm, my first post and finally I’m sittin’ here writing my second blog post.

So what happened during the past four months? Besides going to Vegas in January (YEAH $_$ ALL THE WAY) to attend this year’s CES 2010, nothing special happened. Meaning, I have nothing to complain about, if someone should label me as lazy.

I assume you can imagine that this article is about CES 2010, and you’re right.
This post is more or less directly related to CES 2010. To be precise it’s related to one product:

The Samsung NX10 digital camera.

[CES2010]SDI_Day-1_089


“There are tons of articles and news on other sites, so why should I consider reading this article?”

YES, there are tons of articles spread on the internet, and I also know that there are way more interesting topics I could talk about. But, once in a while, I guess it’s not wrong to do the job I’m supposed to do.

Anyways, as said, there are tons of articles, but most, NOT ALL, articles are introducing the NX10 as a Micro Four Third camera.

But let’s get it straight, the Samsung NX10 is NOT using a Micro Four Thirds system, nor has it ever used one. Thus meaning, articles which introduce the NX10 as a micro four third camera are simply wrong.

The Samsung NX10 is a digital camera using an APS-C sensor, the APS-C stands for Advanced Photo System Type-C.

So what is the difference between APS-C and Micro Four Third systems?

Spearheading:

If you’re really eager to know, read this amazing article published by Popphoto.com. Because explaining technical stuff, I don’t even understand doesn’t make sense to me at all, and I don’t want to expose any wrong information’s.

However, what I can tell you is, that the APS-C image sensor is bigger than micro four third sensors.

The increased size of image sensors results in improved low light performances and greater dynamic range. Thus meaning, the image quality of the pictures taken with an APS-C are theoretically better than the ones taken with a Micro Four Third sensor.

The point is, although the differences of both technologies are significant some sites categorize the Samsung NX10 among Micro Four Third cameras, which is simply misleading.

I mean, that’s like saying a usual VW Golf equals a Ferrari because it rolls on 4 tires.

It simply doesn’t make any sense.

So, concluding my post of awesomeness, if you should consider buying a camera, providing better image quality than an usual digital compact camera, but more portable than a DSLR, the NX10 should be your pick.

P.S. Dear authors of the sites, I’m addressing only those who stated that the NX10 is a Micro Four Third camera, please make some corrections or add at least a phrase that the NX10 is using APS-C.

P.P.S. I’m still bad at taking pictures!

BYE:CJ



No comments: