Thursday, March 11, 2010

New eyes for the world, Samsung NX10 -Part 5-

Here is the Part 5 of Samsung NX10 review.

clip_image001


Beyond my expectation

I don’t think I was the only one who worried about this camera. It’s really not easy to create contrast AF performance, mount, own technology not invading other patents, and lenses. However, this passion and performance deserve more expectation. From the moment I pushed the shutter at first, I can’t help saying you’ve done a really great job for this. Fast AF, quality and gradation, Beauty shot for women, and HD video recording are combined well and it will become the most popular lens interchangeable camera for Koreans.

clip_image002

clip_image003


Falling in love with the Pancake lens

To be honest, I give a higher score to the 30mm F2.0 lens than the NX10. I’m sure that at least 90% of people would agree with me. It’s really great and beyond my expectation in size, weight, design, and so on. The 18-55 OIS lens is also great, but not as much as the 30mm pancake lens. That’s right. The fascinating power of the Samsung pancake lens from the combination of the APS-C sensor for indoor and outdoor portrait, Scenery, and Snap shots is the strongest among all the digital cameras.

The next step of the NX

The NX10 is not finished. It keeps making progress. And it has to be. Originally, continuous firmware upgrade or something has been made in highly expected DSLR cameras for their customers. Even after releasing a product, there will be things to solve or consider. Personally, the NX10 is needed to be upgraded in accuracy of AF to a person in a dark place or backlight condition, video recording function, high sensitivity detail, dark image, and Scenery Recognition in Smart Auto. In addition, there are some functions I hope to be added. They are only viewfinder option, connection between AF location and Spot photometry in Selection AF, compressed size of RAW files, Quick shift focus system, RAW function in a camera, saturation/brightness editing in a camera, faster command dial, compensating vertically in OIS, and additional video recording button, and so on. Of course, there are people who don’t agree with me.

clip_image004


Evolution camera NX10 representing Korea

When I got the NX10 at first, I was expecting and worrying it. It’s because Samsung’s own lens interchangeable type digital camera was different from other cameras in design and feelings. The NX10 began its way for the first time as a mirror-less lens interchangeable type cameras having the APS-C sensor, but other competitors are not going to just watch it. Therefore, Samsung needs to keep going on. I’m so wondering the next step of the Samsung evolution, but I’m sure their work will never be useless.

clip_image005


* New eyes for the world, Samsung NX10 -Part 1-


* New eyes for the world, Samsung NX10 -Part 2-


* New eyes for the world, Samsung NX10 -Part 3-


* New eyes for the world, Samsung NX10 -Part 4-




No comments: