Friday, December 3, 2010

Anyang Central Market: Samsung HMX-M20

Following is a video test of Samsung HMX-M20 full HD camcorder.
http://www.samsungimaging.net/2010/11/30/anyang-central-market/

Here is the author's word.

The markets of Korea are tons of fun, and one of my favorite places is my local one in Anyang. Every time I go there, I find something new and interesting. It’s a labyrinth of stalls and alleys, and after five years, I don’t think I’ve explored it all. It’s always bustling with not only shoppers but motor scooters making deliveries.

I’ve been wanting to make a video of my market, and the opportunity arose when Arirang TV wrote and asked to do a segment on how I do my blog. Rather than do the usual go to restaurant with foreigners and blogging about it on the laptop, I suggested we check out the market together.

I met the crew of three. One could speak English. And they followed me around as I shot videos of all the sights, sounds and smells (well, couldn’t video the smell). I sampled a bit of fresh kimchi and got to go up close to the red pepper mills to watch dried chillies being ground into the famous gochugaru. You wouldn’t believe how awesome the smell was. And I even found something new, this time a dark buckwheat tea that tasted toasty and warm. It was being sold as diet food, but I bought it because it tasted good.

No comments: