Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Images; Samsung IT100 Digital Camera



I participate in the IT100 promotion. Getting the camera for free, and the promotion will be for 6 weeks. I think I will explain the functions and upload pictures. Last week, I will put up the final review of one month. Today, this is a preview.





The box is also small like the small camera.




Package


The left items are provided, and right items have to be purchased. I don t like the remote controller, but I should buy the docking system.



Opening it, there are install CD, camera strap, manual, body, battery, charge cable, and so on.




The camera uses its own Li-Ion battery not AA battery.




You can connect this charge cable to the bottom of the camera and put the USB port of a PC to charge, or the adaptor can be used. I need to test the battery time. If you take a lot of pictures like me (Taking 500 pictures at once), you d better buy an aux. battery, I think. You can buy a battery if your camera uses AA type battery outdoors, even if it s expensive, but this type of camera using its own battery meets a big problem, if the battery is out. However, the reason the IT100 has chosen this type of battery is the thickness, I suppose. To be slim, AA type battery is not good. There s a strong and weak point.




The camera manual explains functions in detail.






This provides TV output port, so you can see pictures and videos on the TV. The specification of this camera is similar to other products of the same range, but the video function is superior, as it seems. 60fps recording and HD quality recording are possible.



Appearance / Front


Warm Gray, Navy Biue, Silver, Tomato Red


There are 4 colors, and I ve got navy blue. I think tomato red fits women. Looking at the front, the optical 5x zoom lens covers the hatch. On 35mm, it s 28~140mm. In the corner, there re two things like traffic lights. The left one is a sensor to set focus length. The next one is remote control sensor. The remote controller is not included in the basic package, but you are able to buy it, so you can take a picture with the remote controller.




Top


From the top, you can see two blue things.



Pushing the power button, the blue ring is turned on, and this right is so nice at night. And at the right, there s a shutter button with a blue point. On the right top, there s a thing like a net, and it s a speaker, and the next thing which seems 3 points is a microphone. The speaker is quite big and marvelous. When playing back a video, the sound was so loud. In my opinion, this camera has considered the video recording and playing much.




Bottom


On the bottom, there s a hole to fix a tripod and a spot for USB cable. And there s space for battery and memory.


The battery comes out when flipping the blue plastic




Just flip the blue plastic latch.




Looking at the inside, there s a small spring





Back


On the back, there s a 3 inch LCD, and next to it, a dial is located. The good thing of this dial is that you can change it quickly. For example, if you are in a hurry and want to take a picture or a video, all you need to do is to rotate this dial. Most of the compact cameras have this dial button, and if a camera doesn t have this, the camera usually has a separate recording button. Like this, more and more, compact cameras have an upgraded video recording function, not just picture function. It appears the compact camera market turns to the better video function, not to the better image quality.



For zoom in/out, you can just put up and down the stick button. There re some frequently used buttons. They are closeup and flash timer buttons. The delete function is at the very low part. It s good to support multiple file delete function.



Size

I took out all the gadget at home. They are arranged in size order from left Nikkon L20, Samsung IT100, LG beauty phone, and Apple iPod Touch.(Clockwise) You can see the size of the IT100. Like I mentioned before, the Nikkon L20 has adopted AA type battery, so the left side is protruded.

Specification and feature


Let me introduce main specification.


Pixel: 12.2M pixels


Image sensor size: 1.09cm


Display: 3 inch 230K pixels

Wide angle zoom: 5x

The effective pixel is more than 10M, but honestly, I don t care about the pixel, because I usually don t print out pictures, but just see them on the web. App. 5M pixels which is possible to develop for 11x14 would be fine to me. However, sometimes the pixel used to be important. It s good to partly magnify and develop it. I don t think the pixel is the strong point of this product. (Recently, 100,000 won compact digital cameras have more than 10M pixels.) The 3 inch big display is very good, but most of the compact cameras have the 3 inch screen. But the 230K pixels is the strong point. It seems like I saw a computer monitor, because the screen is 230K pixels.


HD ultra high resolution video recording is possible with this product. 15, 30, and 60fps recording is also possible. It supports 720p resolution. It has IS and beauty shot function, but most other digital cameras have them, so they are not features, and there s a function which I haven t seen from other cameras.

It s the frame guide.


Useful frame guide when asking someone to take a picture

When going out for trip or pictures, people asked me to take a picture. At that time, I usually took pictures with getting the composition, but I don t think people are satisfied with the composition I chose. When it comes to me to ask, I could request things such as Take out this from the picture , Include these buildings all , etc. Why? Because I m asking their favor. However, the frame guide is useful at this moment. Firstly, select the frame guide from the scene setting.



Then I take the composition and a picture, and ask someone on the road.




Like the below picture, the frame guide comes up on both sides, and all you need to do is to push the button setting it on the image. It s like a panorama assist function.




Besides, there s a shot guide like a help service for beginners. I can handle a camera skillfully, so I don t know how much this service is useful for me. I should give this to a person who doesn t know anything about cameras.







I m going to put up a kind of travel book a lot.









No comments: