Friday, June 26, 2009

Review: Samsung SL420 Camera

camera1

I recently received a camera to enjoy for a month (not to keep! lol) so that I can write a review of it. The Samsung SL420 camera is a 10.2 MP camera that helps you “Never Miss Another Smiling Face”. It retails for $179.99 and you can find the Samsung SL420 10MP on Amazon as well. Here’s what I thought about this camera:


Pros:

User Friendly
Rechargeable Battery
Different photo options


Cons:

No SD card included
I definitely thought this camera was very user friendly. It explained every choice you made to you right on the screen. The fact that it had a rechargeable battery was great. With a young child batteries are always needed and never on hand at my house! Those AAA and AA batteries are used for remote control cars and other toys he likes to play with. Every time I want to pick up my dinosaur camera I never have batteries! It also has great photo options for those of us who may not have the best skin. It actually has a beauty feature that hides imperfections. Perfect for those prom photos as well!

As far as the cons are concerned I am surprised it didn’t come with an SD card. It’s been a while since I’ve been camera shopping so maybe this is the norm now a days. It’s also pretty cheap to purchase an SD card I got one at K-Mart for less than $10 for a 2G. You would definitely need one because this camera can’t hold many pictures without it. What I love about that SD card is that you can take it off your camera and load it to your desktop, laptop or store kiosk to upload and purchase your photos.

My favorite feature was the smart auto feature where the camera chooses the best settings based on the surroundings and lighting. This is definitely a camera for the average user especially that new Mami that wants to take pictures daily of her new baby. Trust me the first couple of months I took pictures of my son with my picture phone and my camera daily! Then they start moving and don’t stay still. The pictures tend to be a bit harder to grab and this camera can make it a whole lot easier to catch a great picture!

The Samsung SL420 10MP comes in black, gray and hot pink and is think enough to throw in your purse or diaper bag without taking up too much space. All in all a good camera I definitely recommend it!

No comments: