Wednesday, June 10, 2009

[IT100] Unboxing the luxurious black design intelligent digital camera IT100

I ve got a chance to review a compact digital camera. I ve been reviewing cell phones several times, but it s the first time for me to review a camera (My camera is DSLR Canon EOS 350D), so I ve felt some burden. However, I ve wanted a camera review and for carrying and taking pictures, compact cameras are much better than the DSLR. That s why I ve tried this.

This product I m going to review is a compact digital camera IT100 from Samsung. Palm size, black body, and cute design are so charming, I can say. It can be compared to various products (Not DSLR) such as Nikkon Coolpix 3100 which I used, and the size and thickness is similar (Personally, the Coolpix 3100 is the best portable digital camera.), but this has much better functions, I think. It s because the IT100 has various shot functions and HD video recording function. (FYI, the Coolpix 3100 supports 3.0M pixels.) Let s talk about the performance later.


Once I ve got the product, I d like to start with a preview. Let s check the box first.



Perfect Pictures Everytime? It means whenever, and I have to see.



This product for review is for oversea sale. There s no Korean.



These are packages such as camera, battery, charge cable (also used for data cable), adaptor, manual, and install CD. Let s take a look at the product from now.



It s the front of the IT100. I just like this black. Whenever I select IT devices, I choose black. If there s no black, my second choice is white. If there s no white also, I select another color, but once there s black, I choose black. Of course, I don t like unpolished black, but the black of the IT100 is so charming.



I like the wide LCD screen the most. Definitely, there s a difference between the LCD and PC monitor, but once the LCD is wide, it gives cool feeling. Rotating the dial, you can select various functions, and below, there s a menu button, sub menu button for selecting display, flash, closeup, timer, etc., play button, and bin button. I can see the zoom button on the top and this is switch type. (Up for zoom in and down for zoom out.)



To compare the real size, I took this on my hand. It s a palm size digital camera. My hand is not that big, so the IT100 is also not that big. It supports 28mm wide angle, smart auto, and HD video recording, and most of all it supports 12.2M pixels. I like optical 5x zoom, too.



On the bottom, there s a slot for data cable and hole for tripod. And next to it, there s a slot for battery and SD card.(Left)



On the top, there s a power and shutter button. And also a speaker is located, and it s used for video playback and shutter sound, because this supports a video recording (HD quality). There s also an internal microphone for the video recording.





Honestly, this is not taken on a pretty hand, so you might be disappointed, but to emphasize the size and grip, I tried. I m not sure, but I think it s a little smaller than a cigarette case? It doesn t fit the front pocket of your shirt well, but it s enough to fit a bag and pocket of pants. (Of course, in bag, you can carry much bigger camera.) I think the size, weight and design fits women s bag well..


I m going to talk about more detailed story later, but I think I will take a lot of pictures with the camera carrying in a back. I used to take a picture with the DSLR in a bag, but to be honest, it was a burden to me, and most of all I like the video recording function (HD quality) much.


Anyway, I like this from its appearance. But there s no perfect product. I think I will find things I don t like. While reviewing, I m going to focus on those points and talk about how to use this.


Anyway, the most important thing of cameras is a picture, isn t it?

No comments: